Thursday, September 12, 2013

Aug colour chall at SFS...

Now these are my types of colours!! BRIGHTS!!! This challenge you had to use the colours: yellow, orange, red, blue and green...black and white in small portions too..
I started with a cream piece of cardstock and smeared on some gesso then dried it with the heat gun and pulled out my dylusions ink sprays and realized I hadn't received the lemon zest one I had ordered so I made my own yellow mist by mixing some yellow acrylic paint and water together in a spritzer and BAM, nailed it!!! Was the perfect colour that I wanted and on went all the others pretty randomly and enough for them to each pool a little in which I let dry a little then I stood the paper up and tapped it on my table a few times to get the drips happening down my page and then I left it over night to dry completely... Using my mesh/graph stamp and some black staton ink I then randomly stamped the background here and there for extra dimension...
Fussy cutting around my photos and making my own arrows and Polaroid allowed me to add extra colour but I didn't want to cover up to much of my inked background so I rummaged through my scraps and found this piece of acetate and it was perfect as you can still see the colours popping through and I loved that!!
From "D-Lish Scraps" I have used some washi tape, 2x flair buttons and some freckled fawn enamel dots... I've also added a "Charms creations" lollipop and denim tie....love them goodies!! I hope you like my LO and please leave me a comment...

TFL happy scrapping Em ;) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment